Monday, August 29, 2011

Why it is always good to try something new

I had more fun shopping at the grocery store today than at any other time in recent memory.   Happiness really is contagious!  It started in the produce section with a pair of young adult women.  They were working together to fill up their cart with healthy vegetables.   Their enthusiasm was subtle, but there was a definite glow of joy and excitement on their faces.   I noticed because grocery shopping is just one of those normally mundane sort of chores that I just have to do.   So, their slightly giddy behavior did seem a little out of place.

Imagine my surprise before I got to the cheese section:  there went another happy pair of young ladies doing their grocery shopping.   You'd think they were on an episode of "The Amazing Race" or something.  Well, more subtle than that, but they were chipper enough to make me ask myself, "OK, what gives with the happy chics in the store today?"

I got to the checkout, and two dudes put their cart in line behind me.  I'm not surprised to see a look of shear joy plastered on their faces at this point.  Heck, I was feeling pretty good myself by this time.   Finally, I figured out what was going on.   So, if anyone has it figured out, leave a comment.   I'll tell you if you get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment